Back Pain Treatment near Morang South
Don’t Let Back Pain Get In The Way.
Muscle Joint Bone offers quality care for back pain to local residents in Morang South & surrounding areas.
What is back pain?
Back pain can originate from nerves, muscles, joints, bones or other structures in the spine. There are different types of back pain such as acute pain, chronic pain, and neuropathic pain. Back pain is an extremely common condition with up to 80% of the population experiencing back pain at some time during the lives. Although the underlying pathology of low back pain is usually not serious, with the vast majority of patients recovering within 6 weeks, it is a significant cause of pain in the community and can have a considerable impact on people’s day to day lives.
Acute pain can last up to six months or is pain that is directly related to tissue damage. The longer the pain goes for the more susceptible it is to developing into chronic pain.
Chronic pain can be due to an injury. Structural spine conditions such as degenerative disc disease can cause ongoing pain until successfully treated.
Chronic pain can be influenced by ongoing pain signal input to the nervous system, lack of exercise, person’s perception of the pain and depression and anxiety.
Types of chronic back pain:
• Failed back surgery syndrome
• Chronic back pain without a clearly determined cause
Neuropathic pain is usually unrelated to the original injury or condition and certain nerves send out pain messages to the brain even though there is no ongoing message.
Treatment for back pain:
Our team of allied health professionals including Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Physiotherapists & Podiatrists offer professional care to address the source of your back problem and pain. Treatments are tailored to the individual case usually consisting of spinal and soft tissue mobilisation, core stabilization advice, strengthening exercises, stretching and heat/cold therapy.
Benefits of back pain treatment:
- Pain relief
- Muscles relaxation
- Peace of Mind from reduced pain
- Exercises and stretches to improve your health
- Joint mobility improvement
- Better flexibility and range of motion
Tips for looking after your back
- Exercise regularly and try to maintain a healthy weight to decrease the load on your spine.
- Try not to sit for long periods of time. Take short breaks regularly.
- Be mindful of your posture, try not to slouch or slump.
- Be careful when lifting. Keep your back straight, bend at the hips and knees and tighten your core prior to picking up an object.
- Make sure you have a supportive bed.
- We have more helpful hints and tips that can help with back pain. Our main philosophy is prevention is better than cure.
All of Muscle Joint Bone Clinic’s experts are government registered healthcare professionals. For more information on how we can help you, or to book an appointment contact us on (03) 9715 0582.
START FEELING BETTER NOW